AFMC (Armed Forces Medical College) is a premier medical institute of India situated at Pune. The college provides training to undergraduate and post-graduate medical, dental, postgraduates, nursing cadets and paramedical staff.
AFMC, Pune is affiliated to Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik and is recognized by the Medical Council of India.
- 1. Go to original website(www.afmc.nic.in).
- 2. Complete the online application form
- 3. Upload the photograph, signature, father’s signatures and id proof in JPEG format.
- 4. Pay the form fess INR 250 either by credit/debit card, net banking or through e-challan.
A total of 150 candidates (including 05 Govt. sponsored candidates from Friendly Foreign Countries) will be selected; out of which 145 (117 boys and 28 girls) will be selected as Medical Cadets for imparting training (including MBBS course) at the Armed Forces Medical College, Pune with liability to get commissioned in the Armed Forces Medical Services as Medical Officers.
The remaining candidates who will be selected to become doctors will also be functioning as officers of the Indian Armed Forces. They have to be both physically and psychologically robust to be able to undergo harsh conditions of the Armed Forces.
The 150 selected candidates need to have leadership qualities, effective communication skills and excellent physical standards.
|Starting of online registration
||1st week of July 2019
|Last date to register & fill the application form
||2nd week of July 2019
|Last date to submit the application form
||2nd week of July 2019
|Last date to print the Bank Challan
||3rd week of July 2019
|Last date to submit the fee at SBI branch
||4th week of July 2019
- The candidates who have scored above the specified cut off in NEET UG are selected for the next round.
- Eligible candidates who are interested to join AFMC Pune, to pursue the MBBS course will have to mandatorily register and apply for AFMC, Pune (www.mcc.nic.in).
- Approximately 1500 candidates (1200 boys and 300 girls) will be shortlisted for the screening at AFMC, Pune based on merit.
- On the basis of the NEET score and screening at AFMC i.e. TOELR along with PAT(Psychological Assessment Test) and Interview
- After all the tests two merit lists will be drawn one for boys and other for girls. Admissions will be offered only to these shortlisted candidates in accordance with their final merit position. The remaining candidates will be on the waiting list.
PART I:-TOLER (Test of English Language, Comprehension, Logic and Reasoning) is an online test consisting of 40 question. Each question contains 2 marks and 0.5 marks are deducted for every wrong response, the duration of this examinations is 30 minutes.
PART II:-The next part of the selection is psychological Assessment test and interview which is of 50 marks.
1. A candidate should be a citizen of India.
2. Foreign nationals of Indian origin may be admitted into AFMC only after they have acquired Indian Citizenship.
3. Must be unmarried.
4. Should be medically fit.
5. The candidate's age should be more than or equal to 17 years and should be less than 24 years.
6. The Higher Secondary (10+2) or equivalent examination in Science of a statutory Indian University/board or other recognized examination body with English, Physics, Chemistry & Biology.
7. Candidates must secure a minimum of 60% in Chemistry, Physics and Biology took together and a minimum of 50% in English and in each science subjects in the first attempt.
Diversity in Living World, Cell: The Unit of Life;
Structure and Function,
Genetics and Evolution,
Structure and Function – Animals, Structure and Function – Plants, Reproduction,
Growth and Movement in Plants,
Reproduction and Development in Humans,
Ecology and Environment, Biology and Human Welfare,
Biotechnology and its Applications.
Some basic concepts in Chemistry,
States of matter,
Classification of elements and periodicity in properties,
5 Chemical energetic,
Chemical bonding, Equilibrium,
Redox reactions, Solid state Chemistry,
Chemical thermodynamics, Solutions, Chemical kinetics,
Electrochemistry, Surface chemistry, Hydrogen,
S-Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline Earth metals),
General principles and processes of isolation of elements,
p-Block Elements, The d-and f-Block elements,
Some basic principles of Organic Chemistry,
Purification and characterization of carbon compounds,
Organic compounds with functional groups containing halogens (X),
Organic compounds with functional groups containing oxygen,
Organic Compounds with functional group containing nitrogen,
Polymers, Environmental Chemistry,
Biomolecules, Chemistry in everyday life.
Introduction and Measurement,
Description of Motion in One Dimension,
Description of Motion in Two and Three Dimensions,
Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power,
Rotational Motion, Gravitation,
Heat and Thermodynamics, Oscillations, Waves,
Electrostatics, Current Electricity,
Thermal and Chemical Effects of Currents,
Magnetic Effect of Currents, Magnetism,
Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents,
Electromagnetic Waves (Qualitative Treatment),
Ray Optics and Optical Instruments, Electrons and Photons,
Atoms, Molecules and Nuclei, Solids and Semiconductor Devices.
|4) ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND COMPREHENSION
Word meaning – Antonyms, synonyms, analogies – your ability to recognize relationships between words and concepts, parallel relationships, etc.
Sentence completions – your ability to recognize words or phrases that both logically and stylistically complete the meaning of a sentence
|5) LOGIC AND REASONING
AFMC is a premier medical institute of India situated at Pune. Thousands of aspiring students take up the exam every year with the hope of making it to the prestigious institutions. At BasicFirst, we offer earnest students the opportunity to interact and learn from the finest faculty. Our study program include several methodologies for this. We offer Doubt Clearing sessions, to ensure that students have a strong foundation in the subject. To supplement this, we have online tests and practice workbooks to help train the students crack the AFMC entrance exam. To encourage one-on-one interaction, we also give students the chance to consult and interact with our faculty over our Live Online, and Mentors programs.
Our programs are fine-tuned to helping students crack AFMC. With the help of our special AFMC coaching program, and a little hard work from your side, you can be sure of getting into the medical course you've always dreamt about.