All India Institutes of Medical Sciences are a group of public Medical Colleges of Higher Education. These institutes have been declared by an act of Parliament as institutes of national Importance. AIIMS Delhi being the parent national institute was established in the year 1956. The other centre of AIIMS is at Bhopal, Bhuvneshwar, Jodhpur, Patna, Raipur, Rishikesh, Bhopal and Guntur.
The AIIMS examination is an entrance test conducted for students who wish to pursue Medical from the top 9 AIIMS medical college. More than 2 lacs candidates appear every year for this examination. This examination offers a total of 807 seats out of which 7 seats are reserved for foreign nationals.
- Candidate must be a citizen of India. However, NRI, POI, OCI and Foreign National Candidates can also apply.
- Candidates whose date of birth falls on or before 1st January 2003 and should be at least 17 years of age as of 31st December 2018.
- Candidates born on or after 2nd January 2002 are not eligible for taking this examination.
- Candidates appearing for NEET 2019 must have passed class 11th and 12th with a minimum of 5 subjects from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English as core subjects.
- A candidate can take as many attempts as he or she wants as there is no limit on a number of permitted attempts.
- General and OBC candidate with less than 60%, and SC, ST, PWD with marks less than 50% in their (PCBE) in Higher Secondary examination are not eligible for taking up the examination.
- Foreign candidates must secure more than 50% in their PCBE to take AIIMS examination.
- The exam is taken in Online mode only.
- It consists of 4 sections: Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Aptitude/General Knowledge.
- The Duration of examination is 3 hours and 30 minutes.
- While every positive answer candidate is awarded (+1) a wrong answer candidate is given (-1/3)
- The questions will be comprised of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) and Reason-Assertion type.
- There are total 200 questions.
- The exam can be taken in Hindi or in English languages only.
- The online application for AIIMS starts in 1st week of February.
- The form can be submitted online only.
- Candidates are required to fill up personal and academic details.
- After filling up of details candidates are supposed to upload an image of their:
- Left-hand thumb Impression
- Full signature
- Examination Fee can be paid through Debit or Credit card, Net banking or UPI or through E-wallets.
|| Application Fees
|| Rs. 1,500
|| Rs. 1200
|| Rs. 0
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Developmental Biology
- Diversity of Animal Life
- Genetics and Evolution (Fundamentals only): (symbiosis)
- Reproductive System.
- Absorption and cell water relations
- Transport of water and minerals
- Anatomy and Physiology of Plants: Meristems-Plant growth and development
- Botany and Human Welfare
- Factors and mechanism
- Internal and external regulators of growth and development in plants
- Internal structure of dicot and monocot leaves
- Internal structure of dicot and monocot roots
- Internal structure of stem and secondary growth
- Transpiration and respiration
- Tropic and turgor movements and Xylem and Phloem-their cell elements and functions.
- Circular Motion
- Electro-Magnetic Induction
- Electronic Devices, Kinetic Theory of Gases
- Nuclear Physics
- Physics of the Atom
- Thermodynamics: Work and heat, the first law of Thermodynamics
- Solids and Wave Motion: Optics
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- Solid State
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
- p- Block Elements
- d and f Block Elements
- Co-ordination Compounds
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
- Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, Biomolecules, Polymers
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Current Affairs
- Business, Punch line of companies
- Top officials of big companies
- Major corporate events
- Famous award and prizes
- World Records
- Books and authors
Candidate having more than or equal to cut off marks qualify AIIMS and are eligible for AIIMS counselling procedure. The cut off is decided on the following criteria.
- No. of students appearing for the exam.
- The difficulty level of paper.
- Overall candidate's performance i.e. if many candidates manage to secure a higher number then the cut off is raised and vice-versa.
- However, cut off varies from General, OBC, SC and ST based on the category.
|| AIIMS MBBS Cut off Marks
AIIMS counselling process and seat Allotment is done by AIIMS itself. AIIMS counselling is done online. It is a 3 round counselling process and offers an additional open round counselling for left seats.
This involves 3 steps
- Registration for counselling
- Choice Filling process
- Seat Allocation: Candidates are allocated seats based on their merit and their choice i.e. the college they preferred.
- Candidate if gets a seat allotted can either proceed:
- With the documents and dd at allocated AIIMS and have to then proceed for medical examination
- Or, can refuse the allocated seat and wait for the next round of counselling.
- NCERT Physics Class XI & Class XII
- Concepts of Physics by H. C. Verma
- Objective Physics By DC Pandey
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick and Walker
- Fundamental Physics by Pradeep
- Problems in General Physics by IE Irodov
- NCERT Chemistry textbooks for Class XI and XII
- Physical Chemistry by OP Tandon
- ABC of Chemistry for Classes 11 and 12 by Modern
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by JD Lee
- Dinesh Chemistry Guide
- Practise books by VK Jaiswal (Inorganic), MS Chauhan (Organic) and N Awasthi (Physical)
- NCERT Biology Class XI and Class XII textbooks
- Biology Vol 1 and Vol 2 by Trueman
- Objective Biology by Dinesh
- Objective Botany by Ansari
- Pradeep Guide on Biology
- GRB Bathla publications for Biology
- There is no specific book one needs to go through for GK.
- All that a candidate needs to know is be aware of whats going around in the nation.
AIIMS are one of the most esteemed group of medical institutions in the country. Thousands of aspiring students take up the exam every year with the hope of making it to the prestigious institutions. At BasicFirst, we offer earnest students the opportunity to interact and learn from the finest faculty. Our study program include several methodologies for this. We offer Doubt Clearing sessions, to ensure that students have a strong foundation in the subject. To supplement this, we have online tests and practice workbooks to help train the students crack the AIIMS entrance exam. To encourage one-on-one interaction, we also give students the chance to consult and interact with our faculty over our Live Online, and Mentors programs.
Our programs are fine-tuned to helping students crack AIIMS. With the help of our special AIIMS coaching program, and a little hard work from your side, you can be sure of getting into the medical course you've always dreamt about.