JIPMER (Jawaharlal Institute of Post-Graduation Medical Education and Research) is an Indian funded institute which provides UG and PG programs. It is an Institution of national importance under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India.
Every year it admits 150 UG candidates and 200 PG candidates. Candidates have to give an entrance examination for getting admission in this college.
Duration of the MBBS course is 4 years and 6 months as per the Academic Calendar of JIPMER followed by ONE year of Compulsory Rotatory Internship for the award of Degree
1) Candidates should be an Indian National / Overseas Citizen of India
2) Candidates must complete the age of 17 years before 31st December of the examination year. No upper age limit is fixed.
3) Candidates must have Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology as their main subjects along with English.
4) Candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology and English individually securing a minimum of 60% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology at the qualifying examination (50% for Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribe or Other Backward Classes / OPH).
- 1) Check your eligibility criteria.
- 2) Visit the website (www.jipmer.edu.in.).
- 3) Fill the application form
- 4) Upload your photo and signature
- 4) Upload your photo and signature
- 5) Pay the registration fees through net banking/ credit card/ debit card.
|UR (General) & P-UR (Puducherry-UR)
|OBC (Other Backward Classes) & P-OBC
|SC/ST (Scheduled Caste & Tribe) & P-SC
|NRI/OCI (Non-Resident Indians or Overseas Citizens of India)
|OPH (Orthopedic Physically Challenged) & P-OPH
||Exempted from fee
- 1) It is an online based examination
- 2) Duration of this examination is 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- 3) It is held in two shifts:-
- Morning shift:- 10:00 am to 12:30 pm
- Afternoon shift:- 3:00 pm to 5:30 pm
- 4) The medium of examination is English only.
- 5) The question paper consists of 200 questions and is divided into 5 categories:-
- Category I:- Physics
- Category II:- Chemistry
- Category III:-Biology
- Category IV:-English Language and Comprehension
- Category V:-Logical Reasoning.
6) Category I-III consists of 60 questions each whereas category IV-V consists of 10 questions each.
7) 4 marks are awarded for every correct response and a penalty of -1 mark is done for every wrong response.
||Number of Questions
|English Language & Comprehension
|Logical and Quantitative Reasoning
|Online application form be available from
||6th March 2019
|application form submission last date
||12th April 2019
|admit card release date
||3rd week of May 2019
||2nd June 2019
||26th – 28th June 2019
||24th July 2019
||21st August 2019
||26th September 2019
|Admission process closing
||30th September 2019
Diversity in Living World, Cell: The Unit of Life;
Structure and Function,
Genetics and Evolution,
Structure and Function – Animals, Structure and Function – Plants, Reproduction,
Growth and Movement in Plants,
Reproduction and Development in Humans,
Ecology and Environment, Biology and Human Welfare,
Biotechnology and its Applications.
Some basic concepts in Chemistry,
States of matter,
Classification of elements and periodicity in properties,
5 Chemical energetic,
Chemical bonding, Equilibrium,
Redox reactions, Solid state Chemistry,
Chemical thermodynamics, Solutions, Chemical kinetics,
Electrochemistry, Surface chemistry, Hydrogen,
S-Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline Earth metals),
General principles and processes of isolation of elements,
p-Block Elements, The d-and f-Block elements,
Some basic principles of Organic Chemistry,
Purification and characterization of carbon compounds,
Organic compounds with functional groups containing halogens (X),
Organic compounds with functional groups containing oxygen,
Organic Compounds with functional group containing nitrogen,
Polymers, Environmental Chemistry,
Biomolecules, Chemistry in everyday life.
Introduction and Measurement,
Description of Motion in One Dimension,
Description of Motion in Two and Three Dimensions,
Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power,
Rotational Motion, Gravitation,
Heat and Thermodynamics, Oscillations, Waves,
Electrostatics, Current Electricity,
Thermal and Chemical Effects of Currents,
Magnetic Effect of Currents, Magnetism,
Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents,
Electromagnetic Waves (Qualitative Treatment),
Ray Optics and Optical Instruments, Electrons and Photons,
Atoms, Molecules and Nuclei, Solids and Semiconductor Devices.
|4) ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND COMPREHENSION
Word meaning – Antonyms, synonyms, analogies – your ability to recognize relationships between words and concepts, parallel relationships, etc.
Sentence completions – your ability to recognize words or phrases that both logically and stylistically complete the meaning of a sentence
|5) LOGIC AND REASONING
1) Candidates have to report to the counselling centre on the allotted date and timing printed on the call letter.
2) Candidates should be present physically at the counselling venue.
3) At the counselling venues registration of the candidates are done after verifying their call letters.
4) Candidates then need to go through certificate verification, biometric verification and image verification
- Original Hall ticket
- Rank Letter
- Proof of Date of Birth (Birth Certificate or X Std. Certificate).
- Pass Certificate of the qualifying examination.
- Statement of marks of the qualifying examination
- Character and Conduct Certificate from the Head of the Institute last studied.
- Residence Certificate issued by the Revenue Authority, not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- In case of Other Backward Classes/ Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe, a Community Certificate, recently obtained from the competent authority – a Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahsildar
- Other Backward Classes (OBC) candidates should produce the required certificate as per the format in the Annexure.
- Transfer Certificate from the Head of the Institution last studied.
- In case of Puducherry residents, the Residence Certificate / Employer Certificate as required in the Prospectus.
- Medical Certificate in case of OPH Candidate
- Six Passport size colour photographs that are recently taken.
- NON RESIDENT INDIAN
Recent NRI Status certificate of the parent or candidate issued by the Indian Embassy of the respective Country with the Embassy seal.
- OVERSEAS CITIZEN OF INDIA
Certificate of Registration for Overseas Citizen of India
5) After the verification round candidates are required to pay the non-refundable counselling fees i.e. 11,470.
6) The candidates are then required to fill choices along with the institute according to their preference
7) After the counselling is done candidates are required to pay the admission fee in order to confirm the admission.
8) After the first round comes the second round of counselling in which the rest of the candidates who haven’t got a chance to go for counselling or the candidates who haven’t secured a set but were selected for the first round will be selected for this round.
9) The second round of counselling will be held in the same way as the first round.
10) The third round of counselling will be held if and only of any vacant seats are available.
JIPMER is one of the most esteemed Indian funded institute which provides UG and PG programs. Thousands of aspiring students take up the exam every year with the hope of making it to the prestigious institutions. At BasicFirst, we offer earnest students the opportunity to interact and learn from the finest faculty. Our study program include several methodologies for this. We offer Doubt Clearing sessions, to ensure that students have a strong foundation in the subject. To supplement this, we have online tests and practice workbooks to help train the students crack the JIPMER entrance exam. To encourage one-on-one interaction, we also give students the chance to consult and interact with our faculty over our Live Online, and Mentors programs.
Our programs are fine-tuned to helping students crack JIPMER. With the help of our special JIPMER coaching program, and a little hard work from your side, you can be sure of getting into the course you've always dreamt about.