An “ADMISSIONS REGULATING AUTHORITY AND STATE COMMON TEST CELL” has been established by the Government of Maharashtra. The Commissioner of State CET Cell has been designated as Competent Authority for conducting MHT-CET and selection of candidates for admission to Under Graduate courses in Engineering and Technology, Pharmacy. The Government of Maharashtra has notified the rules to regulate the admissions to the First and Direct Second year of full-time Professional Undergraduate Technical Courses (Engineering and Technology, Pharmacy, Pharm D., Architecture, Hotel Management and Catering Technology).
- Candidate’s nationality should be Indian.
- Candidates must pass in 10+2 examination.
- A candidate who satisfies any option listed below:-
- Be a Domicile of Maharashtra .
- Be born in Maharashtra..
- Whose either or both the parents possess a domicile certificate..
- Whose Father or Mother is an employee of the Government of India or Government of India Undertaking and who has been posted and reported to duty in Maharashtra State.
- Whose Father or Mother is an employee or retired employee of the Government of Maharashtra or Government of Maharashtra Undertaking..
- Candidates passing SSC and/or HSC Examination from a recognised institution located in a disputed Maharashtra Karnataka Border Area or from Maharashtra.
- Jammu and Kashmir candidates
- Candidates whose parents are citizens of Jammu and Kashmir and are displaced to any part of India or from unsafe border area of Jammu and Kashmir to a relatively safer place in Jammu and Kashmir due to terrorist activities.
- Candidates whose either of the two parent is officers belonging to Indian Administrative Services (IAS) or Indian Police Services (IPS) or Indian Foreign Services (IFS) and children of staff belonging to military and paramilitary forces transferred to Jammu and Kashmir to combat terrorist activities.
- Candidates who are NRI / OCI / PIO, whose parents are Indian workers in the Gulf countries, Foreign National are exempted from appearing for MHTCET 2018.
- Candidates must have Physics and Chemistry as their main subject along with one of the Mathematics or Biotechnology or Biology and obtained at least 50% marks.
- Candidates of Diploma in Pharmacy must pass from institutes affiliated to State Board or any other recognised board and obtain a minimum of 50 % marks.
- Register at MHT-CET website (www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in).
- Candidates must fill out the application form carefully after reading all the instructions.
- Check and ensure your eligibility.
- Note the unique application number before downloading the filled-up form.
- Complete the online application form.
- Upload the photograph, signature and thumb impression in JPEG format.
- Pay the form fees either by credit/debit card, net banking or through e-challan.
||AMOUNT OF FEE TO BE PAID
|General and J & K Migrant candidates
|SC, ST, VJ/DT- NT(A), NT(B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC, SBC and Persons with Disability Candidates
|Online application form release date
||3rd week of January
|Last date for submission of application form excluding late fee
||4th week of March 2019
|The release date of admit card
||4tt week of April 2019
||2nd week of May 2019
||1st week of May 2019
|Starting of the counselling
||2nd week of June 2019
- Series and sequences
- Complex Numbers
- Quadratic Equations
- Permutation and combination
- Sets, Relations and functions
- Mathematical induction
- Coordinate geometry
- Second order derivative
- Physical World, Measurements Units& dimensions
- Laws of motion
- Work, power, energy
- Kinetic theory of gases
- Simple harmonic motion
- Current Electricity
- Modern physics
- Mole concept
- Nuclear Chemistry
- Atomic Structure
- The Periodic Tables
- Coordination Compounds
- Chemical Bonding
- Solid State
- Gaseous State
- Chemical kinetics
- Practical chemistry
- Non-Metallic Elements and its compound
- Ionic equilibrium
- Redox reaction
- Surface Chemistry
- Environmental Chemistry
- Aliphatic Compounds
- Aldehydes and Ketones
- Carboxylic Acids
- Introduction to Bio-Molecules
- Aromatic Compounds
- Diversity in organisms
- Biochemistry of cell
- Plant Water Relations and Mineral Nutrition
- Plant Growth and Development
- Organization of Cell
- Animal Tissues
- Human Nutrition
- Human Respiration
- The questions will contain 20% from XI syllabus and 80% from XII syllabus.
- No negative marks are done for giving the wrong response
- The examination is divided into three papers
- Physics and chemistry
Each part has separate question paper and OMR sheet
- Total marks allotted for each paper is 100.
- Math: 50 question
- Physics: 50 question
- Chemistry: 50 question
- Zoology: 50 question
- Botany: 50 question
||Total marks allotted
|Physics and chemistry
- The candidate seeking admission to Engineering and Technology degree courses, it is mandatory that the candidate must appear for both Mathematics paper and Physics and Chemistry paper
- The candidate seeking admission to Pharmacy/ Pharm. D degree course, it is mandatory that the candidate must appear for all the papers.
Candidates are required to follow the following steps for counselling
- Step 1:- Registration:- Register for counselling and fill in the details correctly.
- Step 2:- Verification of documents:- Candidates are required to go to any Facilities Centre along with original and a Xerox copy of the document for verification.
- Step 3:- Option filling:- After the display of the merit list for every course selected candidates are required to fill the colleges and branches according to their preference.
- Step 4:- Seat allotment:- After getting seat candidates are required to go to ARC (Admission Reporting Centre)in the allotted time for confirmation of seat and then to the confirmed institute for admission along with the required documents and fees notified by the allotted institute.
- Concepts of Physics by H.C. Verma – Volume 1 and Volume 2.
- Complete Physics for JEE Main 2019 by Irodov
- Halliday, Resnick and Walker-Fundamental Physics
- SS Krotov- Aptitude test problem in physics
- Nelkon and Parker-Aptitude Test Problem in Physics
- S.L. Loney- Advance Physics, Elements of Dynamic Part 1 and Part 2
- V. Zubov & V. Shalnov -Problem in Physics
- A.A Pinsky – Problem in physics
- Tipler – Physics Volume 1 and Volume 2
- R.P. Feynman -Feynman Lectures on Physics Volume 1 and Volume 2
- NCERT books (only theory).
- IIT Chemistry by O.P Tondon.
- Complete Chemistry for JEE Main 2019 by NCERT.
- IITJEE Chemistry by O.P Agarwal
- Chemistry Principles and Applications by Seinko and Plane
- IIT Chemistry by Tata Mc Graw Hill
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee
- IIT Mathematics by RD Sharma.
- The Pearson Guide to Complete Mathematics for JEE by SL Loney.
- Higher Algebra by Hall Knight
- Problems in Calculus of One Variable by I.A. Maron
- Algebra, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus by Arihant Prakashan
- Vector by Shanti Narayan
- Introduction Probability and It’s application by W. Feller
- MHT-CET Guide Biology by MTG
- Marvel Biology
Other MHT-CET Exam Preparation Books
|MHT CET Engineering entrance exam
MHT CET is one of the most esteemed state level examination held in India in which thousands of aspiring students appear every year with the hope of getting into many prestigious Institutes accepting MHT CET marks. At BasicFirst, we offer earnest students the opportunity to interact and learn from the finest faculty. Our study program includes several methodologies for this. We offer Doubt Clearing sessions, to ensure that students have a strong foundation in the subject. To supplement this, we have online tests and practice workbooks to help train the students to crack the JEE Main entrance exam. To encourage one-on-one interaction, we also give students the chance to consult and interact with our faculty over our Live Online, and Mentors programs.
Our programs are fine-tuned to helping students crack MHT CET. With the help of our special MHT CET coaching program and a little hard work from your side, you can be sure of getting into the college, you've always dreamt about.