WB-JEE (West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination) is conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board for giving admissions to undergraduate students in fields of Engineering, Pharmacy and Architecture. Candidates from all over India can participate in this examination.
By giving WBJEE examination one can take admission in different types of colleges:-
- Government colleges: - not all colleges are allowed to take students from other states i.e. most of the government colleges are reserved for the candidate that belongs to West Bengal or has a domicile of West Bengal. Colleges like Jadavpur and the University of Calcutta accepts students from all around India, though they have few seats reserved for West Bengal candidates.
- Private universities
- Private Colleges
Over 1.27 lakhs students register for WBJEE Examination every year. WBJEE offers 37 B.Tech programs.
WBJEE Examination consists of two papers which need to be answered by the candidates:-
- Paper-I:- mathematics
- Paper-II:- chemistry and physics
It is mandatory for the candidates interested in taking admission in Engineering/Technology/Architecture Courses to appear in both papers. Pharmacy candidates need to appear for both papers if they wish to take admission in Jayadapur university, whereas for other colleges appearing in mathematics is not necessary.
- Applicant must be a citizen of India.
- Candidates must be at least seventeen years of age by December of the year of appearing in the examination.
- Candidates seeking admission to Government engineering/technology colleges, reserve category seats of any institution, including TFW category seats must be domicile of West Bengal.
- They should have passed higher secondary (10+2) examination
- . The candidates should have obtained at least 45% (40% for reserved category) as an aggregate of the three subjects.
- MODE OF EXAM:- WBJEE is conducted in offline mode.
- EXAM DURATION:- Candidates are given 4 hours for completion of the exam. 2 hours for mathematics paper-I and 2 hours for physics and chemistry paper-II.
- MARKING SCHEME:- The total number of marks in WBJEE is 200 and the total number of question to be answered by the candidates are 155; out of which chemistry and physics part consists of 40 questions each and mathematics alone consists of 75 questions. Each subject consists of three parts:-
- Part I: questions where only one answer option is correct which will fetch 1 marks for each correct answer and every wrong response will lead to a deduction of 1/4 marks.
- Part II: questions where only one answer option is correct which will fetch +2 marks for every correct response and every wrong response will lead to a deduction of 1/2 marks.
- Part III: One or more answer options are correct which will fetch 2 marks only if the candidates have marked all the correct options. No negative marks are given for giving wrong response or combination of right and wrong.
||No of questions
||No of questions
||No of questions
The result of round 3 of seat allotment has been announced on July 4. Earlier, the round-1 and 2 results of WBJEE seat allotment were announced. The candidates who had qualified the examination were able to register for the online counselling process. Candidates have to register and fill the choices before the declaration of the first-round result as no fresh registrations are allowed during the second and third round of counselling. The steps to be followed during WBJEE counselling:-
Step 1: Registration and Counselling – Candidates have to register for counselling and pay the non-refundable counselling fee.
Step 2: Filling and locking of choice – Candidates are then required to select the institute and courses as per their preference and lock it. They can fill as many choices as they want. The locked choices should be printed out for future use.
Step 3: Allotment of the seat– The allotment of seats are done as per the merit and the preference of the candidates. If allotted then they have to go to the centre for documents verification along with the provisional allotment letter given to the candidates in soft copy after paying the counselling fees. The candidates have to be physically present in the centre during the verification.
Documents Required for Verification
- WBJEE 2018 Admit Card
- Print out of WBJEE 2018 Rank from the Website
- Seat Allotment Letter
- Receipt of Counselling Registration Fee
- 12th Standard Mark Sheet
- 10th Standard Qualifying Examination Admit Card
- 10th standard Mark sheet.
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile Certificate (if applicable)
- A printout of upgradation and non-upgradation slip
Step 4: Go to the allotted institute for admission.
- Check and ensure your eligibility.
- Register at WBJEE site(wbjeeb.nic.in)
- Complete the online application form.
- Upload the photograph, signature and thumb impression in JPEG format.
Pay the form fees either by credit/debit card, net banking or through e-challan
- Series and sequences
- Complex Numbers
- Quadratic Equations
- Permutation and combination
- Sets, Relations and functions
- Mathematical induction
- Coordinate geometry
- Second order derivative
- Physical World, Measurements Units&dimensions
- Laws of motion
- Work, power, energy
- Kinetic theory of gases
- Simple harmonic motion
- Current Electricity
- Modern physics
- Mole concept
- Nuclear Chemistry
- Atomic Structure
- The Periodic Tables
- Coordination Compounds
- Solid State
- Colligative Properties of Solution
- Gaseous State
- Chemical kinetics
- Practical chemistry
- Non-Metallic Elements and its compound
- Ionic equilibrium
- Redox reaction
- Surface Chemistry
- Environmental Chemistry
- Aliphatic Compounds
- Aldehydes and Ketones
- Carboxylic Acids
- Introduction to Bio-Molecules
- Aromatic Compounds
- Concepts of Physics by H.C. Verma – Volume 1 and Volume 2.
- Complete Physics for JEE Main 2019 by Irodov.
- NCERT Books(theory)
- Understanding physics series- D.C.Pandey
- NCERT books (only theory).
- Organic chemistry-O.P.Tandon
- Inorganic chemistry-O.P.Tandon
- A modern approach to chemical calculations-R.C.Mukherjee
- Numerical chemistry- P.Bahadur
- Concise inorganic chemistry J.D.Lee
- IIT Mathematics by RD Sharma.
- The Pearson Guide to Complete Mathematics for JEE by SL Loney.
- Higher Algebra by Hall Knight
- Problems in Calculus of One Variable by I.A. Maron
- Algebra, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus by Arihant Prakash
||WBJEE: Engineering entrance exam 10 years solved papers
||WBJEE Chapterwise explorer engineering:- physics and chemistry
||MTG Learning Media Private Limited
||WBJEE Chapterwise explorer engineering:- mathematics
||MTG Learning Media Private Limited
- Jadavpur University
- IIEST Shibpur (2014 is the last year it’s taking students from WBJEE)
- Kalyani Government Engineering college
- Jalpaiguri Engineering college
- IEM Kolkata
- Heritage Institute of Technology
- Techno India Salt Lake
- Haldia Institute of Technology
- St Thomas Institute of Technology
- Calcutta Institute of Technology and Management
WBJEE is one of the most esteemed all-India examinations in which thousands of aspiring students appear every year with the hope of getting into many prestigious Institutes accepting WBJEE marks. At BasicFirst, we offer earnest students the opportunity to interact and learn from the finest faculty. Our study program includes several methodologies and doubts clearing session in order to strengthen the foundation in each subject. To make this a success we offer online test and practice workbooks and encourage one-on-one interaction with our faculty over our Live Online and Mentors Program.
Our programs are fine-tuned in order to help students to crack WBJEE. With the help of our special coaching programs and adequate amount of hard work from your side would surely lead you to the institute and course you have always dreamt about.